Baker Tilly, the nation’s 4th fastest growing CPA advisory firm, has an incredible opportunity for an Assurance Manager to join our thriving Not-for-profit practice, specializing in Higher Education. This position can be worked remotely with monthly visits to our Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison or Dallas (Plano) offices.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You would like to help Higher Education clients solve their most complex business challenges and enhance student and institutional success. Clients include state, public, private and religious institutions.
- You are interested in continuing to expand your work experiences by occasionally supporting other tax exempt organizations, such as foundations and healthcare organizations.
- You crave the opportunity to be part of a leading Nonprofit Assurance practice where your hard work and creativity will help us all continue to build, improve and advance.
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together.
- You don’t mind travel and enjoy servicing clients throughout the nation.
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to Not-For-Profit clients, with a focus in Higher Education clients
- Positively impact your client’s financial statements, profitability, and business operations through
- Proactively engaging with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
- Implementing appropriate testing to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
- Managing all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Playing in active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
- Delivering business insight through thoughtful review, analysis, and discussion
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals