Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently looking for ambitious Senior Audit Accountants to join our Construction/Real Estate practice.
Location: position can sit out of Tysons Corner, VA or New York, NY.
• Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients
• Positively impact your client’s financial statements, profitability, and business operations through:
o Pro-actively engaging with your clients throughout the year to gather needed information to complete testing and respond to questions raised
o Reviewing and performing substantive testing on client’s balance sheets and income statements
o Conducting and reviewing tests to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
o Playing an active role in discussions with the Manager and Partner relative to business recommendations resulting from testing performed and information gathered
• Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
• Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with your clients and the community
• Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
• CPA or active pursuit of CPA license required
• Three (3)+ years’ experience providing accounting and auditing services in a public accounting or professional services firm
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
• Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, and adaptability
• Microsoft Suite skills
• Industry experience in construction/real estate, technology, or commercial entities is preferred